DEBBIE STEVENS (b. 1955)
Debbie Stevens quickly discovered her love for art and pursued it in her studies, graduating summa cum laude from the University of Texas at San Antonio with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a concentration in painting.
She has studied landscape, still life, and figure with contemporary masters Dalhart Windberg, Robert A. Johnson, Scott Burdick, and Jeff Legg and has attended workshops in bird photography with nationally acclaimed wildlife photographers Jim Nieger and Arthur Morris. Stevens is a signature member of the Oil Painters of America, signature member of the Society of Animal Artists, a member of the International Guild of Realism, and a member of the Contemporary Texas Regionalists.
Stevens states that her work is created with a devotion to traditional realism. She looks for subjects in nature and the environment, searching to capture their particular properties of texture, transparency, reflection, and color.
Her intense passion for birds has grown from visiting zoos and interacting with endangered species. She has conducted in-depth research and tracked fly-routes to accurately depict behaviors during spring and fall migrations. It is her sincere desire for viewers to experience the wonderment of birds in their natural habitat through her work.
Selected Group Exhibitions
Selected Juried Exhibitions
· Dr. Philips Hospital, Orlando, Florida
· Memorial Hermann TIRR, Houston, Texas
· Memorial Hermann Hospital – Sugar Land, Sugar Land, Texas
· Memorial Hermann Heart and Vascular Institute, Houston, Texas
· Memorial Hermann Ambulatory Care Center, Houston, Texas
· Thibodaux Regional Medical, Thibodaux, Louisiana
· Holmes Regional Medical, Melbourne, Florida